Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Street Grub @ 1st Annual LA Street Food Fest



To satisfy my street food addiction I headed out to the LA Street Food Fest this past Saturday hoping to get a taste of those popular food trucks I haven't been able to hunt down yet. As soon as I took a left out my 110 fwy exit, I arrived at what looked to be the early release of the Apple ipad... a line so long, it took me several blocks to find its end!

Although I didn't wait to get in, I saw how crowds who didn't take advantage of the $10 presale or $30 VIP stood out in the hot sun, inhaling the aromas of their favorite street treats.

While inside, I had to quickly cope with the reality that I would probably only get to hit up one or two trucks for the following reasons:
1. The lines where ridiculously long, one to order, one to get your food
2. I didn't come in a group to split up like others did
3. I don't have the guts to cut people in line

Maybe next year I'll have a better strategy.



-Jessica Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment