Monday, October 19, 2009

LA Fashion Week- Ximena Valero Spring 2010 Collection







So after witnessing the craze and magic of LA Fashion Week three years ago, I was happy to be attending one of this year’s events and do it all over again…in Downtown LA!

As soon as I arrived at the historic Los Angeles Theatre on Broadway last Wednesday, I noticed the usual mix of people at fashion events: LA trendsetters, models, photographers and media. I was there for the Ximena Valero Show, a young Mexican-born designer who has clothed celebrities such as Jessica Alba and Alicia Keyes

As soon as I stepped in, I was greeted by the designer’s staff, issued my press pass and led to a downstairs show before the main event. About 45 minutes later I was brought to my front row seat to await Valero’s show. Just as the music started two dancers came out onto the runway moving intricately in the designer’s show pieces, setting me up for a collection full of comfortable, flexible and versatile pieces.

Enter: the Ximena Valero Spring 2010 collection.

A number of solid-colored jumpsuits in various lengths made their way down the catwalk and I was quickly intrigued. Sexy, exposed backs were a signature and a favorite as they were greeted with applause by the audience. Short flirty dresses were a treat but the draping and movement of the long gowns were much more to look at. Jersey fabrics, jeweled-tone numbers and twisted strapping that could be worn in different ways were all popular. The collection was sexy, feminine and simple with a touch of intricacy in the twisted, introverted details on the shoulders, neck and torso.

To view designs from Ximena Valero visit http://www.ximenavalero.com/



Jessica Perez

2 comments: